This apple cinnamon oatmeal has become my favorite go to for breakfast in the morning (other than my sweet potato recipe that I'll share soon!). It's simple to prepare and you can even put it in a jar for overnight oats which is perfect if you like a cold, refreshing breakfast to start your day.
- 1/2 cup quick oats or old fashioned oats
- 1/2 pink lady or honey crisp apple cut up
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk (you may need to add a little more)
- Put everything in a bowl and mix it all up (you can also do this in the pot you're going to cook it in if you aren't doing the overnight oats in order to save a dish - I'm always looking for ways to cut back on the amount of cleaning).
- Once you have it all mixed, put it in a pot on the stove at medium heat for about 10 minutes (you may need to add in a little more almond milk as it cooks).
By no means am I a chef.. but I do love creating wholesome, healthy meals + snacks to live a more healthy lifestyle. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below!